News and Announcements
The Club is looking for swimmers in Division 4 and up who are interested in volunteering as Coaches-in-Training (CITs) for our Junior Development and Tater Tot programs this summer.
Working alongside our Coaches, CITs assist with dryland, help set up the pool, and are in the water to provide feedback to swimmers. This year, we are using a rotating schedule for our CITs and the commitment for each CIT is two to three 1.5 hour sessions per week. In May and June, the general timing of the practices is Monday to Friday, 3:30pm-5pm and in July it is Monday to Thursday, 4:45pm-6:15pm and Fridays 3:30pm-5pm.
This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in a paid coaching position in the future. Additionally, your volunteer hours may be used to fulfill school requirements for volunteer and/or work experience. The Club is also happy to provide letters of reference/recommendation for CITs who display a dedication to the role.
Interested swimmers should forward a resume to Coach Megan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Depending on the response, we may not be able to accommodate all applicants. If you are an applicant who is selected, please ensure that you can commit to attending your assigned sessions throughout the summer.
Kigoos Coaches and Board of Directors
Welcome to Kigoos Summer 2023!
We are so excited to have your family joining the club this year. Please read below for some important information as our summer season approaches.
- Registration is now closed, and we are excited that our summer program has sold out!
- Save the date! On Friday, April 28 from 6-7pm we will be holding an important Parent Information Session about the season. This session is for all Kigoos families (new and existing) and will count for 1 hour of your parent volunteer time. Please plan for at least one parent from each family to attend. The session will be held at the Steveston Community Centre in the Multi-purpose Room. The information shared at this meeting will be helpful in understanding the summer season. Questions about swim meets, volunteer hours, training and more will be addressed.
- Parent Participation Cheques of $500 should be received by April 30 to the mailbox at #10-4388 Moncton Street, Richmond, BC, V7E 6R9. Cheques will only be cashed if the required parent volunteer hours are not completed by the end of the season. Families can also plan to bring their cheque to the Parent Information Night on April 28!
- Our coaches and board are hard at work finalizing the practice schedule and initial group placements. The schedule and initial group lists will be available and emailed to families soon, likely by mid-April. All practices in May are at Steveston Pool. All groups will have at least one practice time daily Monday to Friday, with some groups practicing twice a day and some groups additionally practicing on Saturday.
- Practices will start on Monday, May 1st
- Please Note – there is construction currently occurring for the new Steveston Library and Community Centre which is affecting parking. Please leave yourself extra time and/or have a plan for parking as there are fewer spots than normal.
We are looking forward to a fantastic season and can’t wait to see you at the pool soon!
The Kigoos Coaches and Board of Directors
Hello Kigoos Families,
Our Annual General Meeting for the Richmond Kigoos Swim Club will be held at the Steveston Community Centre, Multipurpose Room on Wednesday November 16th, 2022, at 7:00 pm.
There will be door prizes!
An Agenda will be sent out in advance of the meeting along with the 2021/2022 Financial Statements. The club is currently looking for candidates to serve on the Board of Directors. The Kigoos Board is a working Board with each member taking leadership on a major portfolio.
The following Board Members have one year left on their two-year term:
Lesley Rey President
Nicole Spata President
Robin Apel Concessions
Craig Nistor Treasurer
Kate Wighton Treasurer
Miko Miller Registrar
We are currently accepting nominations for a 2-year term for the following 6 positions:
Meet Manager – Oversee coordination of all aspects of the Ice Breaker Meet and Junior Development Meet at Steveston Pool
Communications – portfolio includes website management and creation of notifiers
Volunteer Coordinator – portfolio includes management of Sign-up Genius, ensuring volunteer roles are filled for events and swim meets
Swim Program Development / Coach Liaison – requires a background in competitive swimming. This Board Member will lead a small team of experienced swim alumni in developing programming and providing leadership and guidance to coaching staff
Secretary – portfolio includes booking Board Meetings and minute taking.
Director of Officials – recruit and arrange for training of swim meet officials
Elections will be held on November 16th, 2022, at the AGM.In addition, the Club is seeking one or more volunteers to fill Member at Large positions in the following areas:
Social Events Coordinator(s)
If you are interested in getting involved in any of these areas, please email email@example.com for more information.
Thank you in advance for your time and commitment to our club!
Kigoos Board of Directors
Our Tsunami Season starts tomorrow, (October 15th) and we can’t wait to see you all at the pool!
The City of Richmond has requested that ALL swimmers complete the attached Pass Request Form, even if you have completed this form in the past. These forms will be linked to your child’s Richmond Recreation Card, and will allow access to Watermania Pool during our Tsunami sessions. Please return your completed form to the front desk at Watermania when you arrive for your first Tsunami session.
Please note that Tsunami will not be taking place on the following dates;
This is due to Watermania hosting special events or holidays.
For those new to Tsunami, we will have Board members in their Kigoos shirts at the front entrance to answer questions and help guide swimmers to their coaches.
Kigoos Board of Directors
Good Evening Kigoos!
We are looking forward to our Kigoos Awards Night, which will be held on Sunday, October 2nd at 6pm. This evening will take place at McMath Secondary, and will be a chance to celebrate our amazing swimmers.
All families are encouraged to bring a dessert item that can be shared as part of our “Dessert Buffet”. Please bring your own plates/water bottles, as we are trying to be environmentally friendly.
Hope to see you there!
The Kigoos Board of Directors