News and Announcements
September 4th, 2020
The past seven weeks have flown by and with the 2020 summer season now behind us, I want to thank everyone who helped make this special season a success!
To me, a summer without swimming is unheard of, so at the beginning of the pandemic one of my very first thoughts was, “But what about the swim season!?” While it seemed unlikely that we would be able to get in the water this summer, I am so grateful that despite all of the uncertainty going on in the world, we still had the opportunity to safely come together as a team to enjoy the sport of swimming.
From start to finish it was apparent that the entire club shared my feelings of appreciation to be back at the pool, as the atmosphere at every practice was extremely positive. The swimmers attended practice wanting to learn, eager to work hard, and most of all excited to swim. It was so rewarding to be a part of a program where everyone was just happy to be involved.
While seven weeks is an extremely short season, I am thrilled with the level of enjoyment that was shared by all, in addition to the progress that we made in this time. The limited pool time compelled both the swimmers and the coaches to make the most out of every practice, which led to some great improvements in both technique and fitness. The new challenges of running our program even led to some great adjustments and gave every swimmer the opportunity to learn from all the members of the coaching staff.
The last day of the season summed up the positivity that was shared by the club all summer. Many swimmers achieved great times and some even swam to significant best times despite the limited time spent in the pool this summer. (If you are interested in your swimmer’s times please contact me and I would be happy to share.) Seeing all of the swimmers cheer each other on and enjoy the opportunity to race and have fun was a great way to end the season!
To the coaches, members of the board, parents and swimmers, thank you so much for a great season! Best wishes for a healthy and happy fall and I hope to see you all soon.
All of our swim groups have now had a chance to get back to the pool!
We are also very happy to announce that we have finalized our coaching staff for the summer. Joining Coach Emmy are Coaches Mike J.S. and Nikol R. on deck at every practice. Assistant Coach Sophia N. will also be supporting our coaches and coordinating our daily health and safety check-ins. Please remind your swimmers to see her BEFORE going to the dryland warm-up.
Our new www.kigoos.com website is taking shape and our practice times and swim information will be kept up-to-date on the site. The following is our FINAL Summer Swim schedule. Please refer to these times for your swimmers practice schedule.
Group A – Thursday 6:45-7:45am, Sunday 7:30-8:30am, Sunday 5:45-7pm
Group B – Thursday 7:30-8:30am, Sunday 8:15-9:15am, Sunday 6:45-8pm
Group A – Monday 7:45-9pm, Friday 7:45-9pm, Sunday 5:45-6:45am
Group B – Wednesday 7:45-9pm, Sunday 9:00-10am and 7:45-9pm
Group A – Monday 8:45-10pm, Thursday 5:45-7am, Sunday 6:30-7:45am
Group B – Wednesday 8:45-10pm, Friday 8:45-10pm, Sunday 8:45-10pm
Group C – Thursday 6:45-7:45am, Sunday 7:30-8:30am, Sunday 5:45-7pm
Kudos to coaches Emmy, Michael, Nikol and assistant coach Sophia for a great first week of swim! All of our swim groups will have had their third session in the pool tonight. We would like to thank our swimmers and families for such a smooth start to our very unique summer season.
Our Board of Directors met with our amazing coaching team today and we would like to share highlights from this week and updates for next week.
- 102 registered swimmers.
- Swimmers have been positive role models and are adhering to our health and safety guidelines.
- Thank you to our parents for using our Daily Health Declaration link. This has streamlined our check-in and attendance procedures so that swimmers can begin activation activities on time.
- Swimmers will receive their Kigoos swim cap beginning tonight. Wearing swim caps during practice will now be mandatory for ALL swimmers. Our team t-shirts should arrive within the next two weeks.
- Swimmers should arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before their scheduled practice and maintain their 2m of physical distancing by remaining on their marked “X” in the activation area.
- If your swimmer will be arriving 10 minutes late for practice, please do not bring/send them to the pool. LATE arriving swimmers will not be allowed in.
- Our senior groups are very full! In order to maintain and support our health and safety protocols, we will be opening up a new senior practice time.
- Senior Group C – Thursday 6:45-7:45am, Sunday 7:30-8:30am, Sunday 5:45-7pm.
- If your swimmer would like to switch to this practice schedule, please contact Coach Emmy by Tuesday at 9PM.
- Water bottles. It is getting hotter and our practice intensity is increasing. Swimmers need to keep hydrated! There is no access to water fountains at the pool.
- Kickboards (junior & intermediate) – Kickboards from Team Aquatics Supplies or Junior kickboard from Amazon
- Pull bouys (seniors) – Pull bouys from Team Aquatics Supplies or Amazon
- •* Deck shoes*
In order to maintain a high level of physical distancing and to reduce parking lot congestion and transition times between groups, we are asking families to use the following parking lots for pick-up and drop off (diagram attached).
Drop-Off Lot: Parking lot off of No. 1/Chatham Street (north side of the pool). Swimmer will walk directly to our Activation area for warm up.
Pick-Up Lot: Parking lot off of Moncton Street. Swimmers will exit from the southeast gate and socially distance along the path for parent pick-up.
The document REVISED_H_S.pdf was attached to this post.
Each swimmer must declare their health status before arriving to the pool using the following MANDATORY COVID Screening Declaration link.
Thank you for using this link as this will allow us maintain a contactless attendance system.