Week at a glance
Good Evening Kigoos!
It’s hard to believe that we have reached the final week of the 2023 swim season! It always seems to fly by once we get into the swim of things. Please watch your email this week as there will be many important messages about Regionals, and about end-of-year activities.
It was another great weekend of racing at Bear Creek. A big thank you to our volunteer coordinator, Rosalind Poon, who rounded up volunteers for our timing shifts at Surrey this weekend. Thank you also to the families who stepped up and helped out where needed.
Some important reminders for the week ahead:
1. This is the final week of regular season practices. We will continue to use the July schedule with a few adjustments:
Tuesday Junior PM practice at Watermania – ALL Juniors are welcome to attend
Thursday, August 3rd Alternate Practice Schedule at Steveston Pool (see Pasta night schedule below)
Friday am practice – only for those swimmers not competing in IM on Friday
6:45-8:00am – Senior
7:45-9:00am – Junior
2. Regional Entries – An email with Regional entries was sent out on Saturday night. Please check over your swimmers entries CAREFULLY and email any errors or omissions to Coach Megan and your group coach by 9pm tonight! There are NO changes to regional entries after the due date so it is important to make sure everything is correct.
3. Stroke Clinic with Luke Reilly – We have another amazing Kigoos alumni who has volunteered to come and do a stroke clinic with our Juniors and Technical Training Group. Luke Reilly started his swimming career with the Kigoos and went on to compete for Canada at numerous competitions, including winning a silver medal at the Pan Am games.
TTG Clinic with Luke Reilly – Tuesday, August 1st 6:15-7:30 pm
Juniors Clinic with Luke Reilly – Wednesday, August 2nd 4:45-6 pm
4. Kigoos Traditional Pasta Night – Thursday, August 3rd. A Kigoos tradition! Chef Robin will be serving our swimmers a delicious pasta dinner at Steveston Pool to get them ready to swim fast at regionals. Club executive members will be on hand to answer any questions families may have about the regional meet. Here is the alternate practice schedule for the evening:
4:45-5:30pm JD Practice (Pasta dinner at 5:30pm)
5:15-6:00pm Junior Practice (Pasta dinner at 6:00pm)
5:45-6:30pm TTG Practice (Pasta dinner at 6:30pm)
6:15-7:15pm Intermediate Practice (Pasta dinner at 7:15pm)
7:00-8:00pm Senior Practice (Pasta dinner at 6:15pm)
5. Kigoos Tackle the Grouse Grind: Tuesday, August 8th @11am. A Kigoos Tradition – All club members are invited to come climb Grouse Mountain. JD and Junior swimmers MUST be accompanied by a parent/guardian. Swimmers should arrive by 10:45 am. They should wear proper footwear and bring a water bottle, a small snack, and have $20 to take the Skyride down the mountain. Please sign up at the link here by Sunday, August 6th: Grouse Grind
6. Kigoos Year-End Wrap Up Swim Party at South Arm Pool: Wednesday, August 9th, 6:00-9:00pm. Pizza and drinks will be provided for the swimmers, and available for purchase for family members at a nominal cost. Please help us plan for the correct amount of food by signing up at the following link by Friday, August 4th: Wrap-up Party
See you at the pool!
The Kigoos Board of Directors