News and Announcements
Tsunami Winter Registration – Now Open
Click Here to Register
As a reminder, new swimmer assessments are scheduled for Saturday, October 2nd at 5:00pm at Watermania. New swimmers have not been placed in a group. Newly assessed swimmers will be given their group assignment on Saturday and will join their group on Sunday, October 3rd. Please note – only one parent is permitted on deck to attend the new swimmer assessment on Saturday.
The document Tsunami_Groups_Fall_2021.pdf was attached to this post.
Good evening Tsunami Swimmers!
We are happy to introduce our Tsunami Coaches for 2021 – Coaches Lucas, Nic, Ashley, Sophia, and Emi will be leading our team of enthusiastic swimmers this season!
New swimmer assessments are scheduled for Saturday, October 2nd at 5:00pm at Watermania. New swimmers have not been placed in a group. Newly assessed swimmers will be given their group assignment on Saturday and will join their group on Sunday, October 3rd. Please note – only one parent is permitted on deck to attend the new swimmer assessment on Saturday.
Please read IMPORTANT reminders for all swimmers:
1. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to practice time (eg. 4:00pm for 4:15pm practice) for on-deck dryland training. Arriving after the start of practice does not guarantee entrance into the practice area.
2. Masks are MANDATORY for swimmers upon arrival and on exit. Masks must be worn in Watermania during dryland training and only removed before entering the water.
3. ALL swimmers are required to submit a City of Richmond Pass Request. Please download the Pass form and return it to the front desk at Watermania.
4. Parents are encouraged to continue to drop and go. Spectators are still discouraged at this time.
5. No shoes are permitted on the pool deck. Swimmers may leave their swim bags on bleachers during practice.
6. Swimmers need to bring water bottles! This is so important to prevent future injuries. Please also bring kickboards/pull buoys.
Our updated Return to Swim plan will be published on our ww.kigoos.com website soon.
Looking forward to seeing you all at the pool!
Kigoos Board of Directors
We are looking forward to seeing all our swimmers at our Mini Meet on Saturday!
Meet info was sent in a notifier on Monday. This info can be found on our website.
Some additional reminders/info:
1. There will be no concession on Saturday. Families will need to bring their own snacks and drinks.
2. Families may set up their own tents/chairs in the grassy area behind the pool.
3. Families must sign up for 2 hours of volunteer time. All trainee shifts will have experienced Kigoos parents to support our newbies! Please see link below.
4. Parents may only be in the bleachers when their swimmers are racing. Please do not enter the pool deck until your swimmer is at marshalling.
5. The parking lot is open for our use. Please do not block ramps/drop off area.
5. Face masks are recommended.
6. Masters swimmers are invited to contact Richard Buckley firstname.lastname@example.org regarding opportunities to join our Mini Meet.