Kigoos Summer 2021 Update
We are so pleased to be welcoming back nearly 100 swimmers to our 2021 Summer Season!
It is hard to believe we are launching another modified summer swim season. Our Board of Directors have been working with the City of Richmond on our summer pool schedule. Unfortunately, we were not able to secure the same amount of pool time as in past years. We will send a finalized schedule and group information this weekend.
The health and safety of our swimmers, coaches, and Kigoos families is extremely important to our club. Please review our entire Return to Swim Plan (attached). Listed below are highlights and revised sections from our plan. It is mandatory for swimmers and parents to review this information before our practices begin on May 1st.
To ensure that all swimmers, coaches and members of the Kigoos organization remain safe, the following rules will be introduced:
• ONLY swimmers and coaches will be allowed in the swimming environment
– Parents/guardians are encouraged to “DROP AND GO”. Parents are NOT permitted on the pool deck or surrounding area during practice times.
– Swimmers will exit from the Southeast gate. Parents/guardians are NOT permitted to wait by this gate. Parents are encouraged to remain in their vehicles in the parking lot and wait for their swimmer to exit.
• If a swimmer/parent is unable to follow the proper social distancing or Health and Safety procedures after reminders from a coach, the coach has the discretion to ask the swimmer to leave the practice and be picked up immediately by their parent/guardian.
• Swimmers/Guardians MUST complete the BC COVID-19 Health Screener before each practice. Any swimmer who feels ill in any way, or is specifically experiencing key symptoms of COVID-19 will not be permitted to attend practice.
• Swimmers will gather on the basketball court adjacent to Steveston Pool to perform dryland training, while maintaining a 3-meter distance from others. Coaches will escort swimmers into the facility in a socially distanced manner upon the start of practice
• Swimmers MUST wear a face mask during any dryland training, while awaiting entry to the pool, while entering and exiting the facility, and while on the pool deck prior to entering the pool
• Swimmers will be assigned the same lane for every practice session.
• All swimmers are required to wear goggles and swim caps are encouraged.
• Swimmers will be required to bring their own water bottle
• Swimmers must wear runners during activation while on the back field and will be required to wear slides/flip flops while showering.
In order maintain proper physical distancing and effective practice routines, the purchase of the following swim equipment is STRONGLY encouraged.
Juniors – kickboard, fins (optional)
Intermediates – kickboard
Seniors – pull buoy, kickboard, paddles (optional)
If you have any questions, please reach out to Coach Mike or a Kigoos Executive member.
A notifier will be sent this weekend confirming swim groups.
We are looking forward to our summer season!
The document Kigoos_Return_to_Swim_Steveston_April_2021_Final.pdf was attached to this post.