Week at a glance
Happy Monday Kigoos!
This was a great weekend of racing, with only our regional clubs. It allowed us to see so many Kigoos in finals, and we are excited to see what Regionals will bring! Thank you again to our coaches for supporting our swimmers, and to all the volunteers who helped with officials or timing shifts.
Another reminder about volunteer hours. We have reached the point in the season where many families have completed their required volunteer hours; however, we still need to provide volunteers at each swim meet we attend in order for the meet to run. Please help out whenever you can, regardless if your family hours are finished. Our club is completely run by volunteers, and we greatly appreciate your help and support.
Please find some important information for the week ahead:
1. Grouse Grind – POSTPONED Thankfully we are finally getting some much needed rain; however, it is supposed to rain tomorrow on our scheduled Grouse Grind day. Out of an abundance of caution that conditions will be wet and slippery and could lead to someone getting injured, our coaches have decided to POSTPONE the Grind until after Regionals. Apologies for any inconvenience that this causes.
2. Alternate Practice Schedule – Wednesday, July 26th
We are excited to welcome back Kigoos Alumni, Noemie Thomas, who will be hosting a butterfly clinic for our Intermediate and Senior Swimmers. There will be an adjustment to our practice schedule that day as follows:
4:45-6:00 pm – Intermediate Fly Clinic with Noemie
5:45-7:00 pm – Senior (1&2) Fly Clinic with Noemie
6:45-8:00 pm – Junior Regular Practice
3. Olympian Suit Sale Fundraiser – As sent out in a notifier last week, Noemie has graciously donated Women’s Speedo racing suits to our club for swimmers to purchase as a fundraiser. There are still a few suits available to purchase, and “the shop” will be set up TODAY at Steveston Pool from 5:30-6:30 pm.
4. Expense Reimbursement Cheques – Our wonderful club Treasurer, Kate Wighton, will be at Steveston Pool TODAY from 5:00-5:15 pm to distribute reimbursement cheques for all expenses submitted up to and including Friday, July 21st. Cheques not picked up today will be left in Family Folders at the pool. Families can check in with coaches to access Family Folders.
5. Fraser South Regionals – August 4-6 – Watermania. The countdown is on to the championship meet, and the final meet of the season for many of our Kigoos. This meet has heats and finals, and the top 3 individual finishers in each event will qualify for the provincial championships. The top 2 relay finishers will also qualify for provincials. Our club Regional Relay policy will be sent out later this week to all club members. Please watch out for more information about this exciting swim meet!
Important Upcoming Dates
July 26th – Fly Clinic with Noemie Thomas (Intermediates/Seniors)
July 29&30 – Surrey Sea Lions Meet
August 4-6 – FS Regional Meet
August 8th – Grouse Grind
August 9th – End of Season Pool Party (South Arm Pool)
August 18-20 – BCSSA Provincials (for qualifiers only)
Have a great week! See you at the pool!
The Kigoos Board of Directors