Week at a glance
Good Evening Kigoos!
What an exciting weekend! From a pool party to a parade, we have had a weekend filled with fun club events. A big thank you to our coaches for coming out and supporting our swimmers. Thank you to members of our club executive for organizing and planning the pool party (with special thanks to co-president Nicole for baking all those delicious cupcakes!). Thank you also to Nora’s mom, Evelyn, for organizing our parade entry and walking float!
Please find some important information for the week ahead:
1. July Schedule – Please find our July schedule attached to this email which starts tomorrow morning on Monday, July 3rd. Please note – practices at Watermania on Thursday, July 6th are cancelled
2. Dives and Breakouts Clinic with Coach Mike – Monday, July 3rd. We are excited to welcome back Coach Mike for a special clinic day at Steveston Pool. He will be working with our TTG, Juniors, Intermediates, and Seniors. Parents are welcome to come watch, and club members with experience as stroke and turn officials will be on hand to answer questions about swimming rules and DQ’s.
Here is the schedule for the evening:
4:45-5:30pm – JD 1 (normal practice)
5:15-6:15pm – JD 2 (normal practice)
6:00-6:50pm – Junior Dive Clinic
6:35-7:30pm – TTG Dive Clinic
7:15-8:15pm – Intermediate Dive Clinic
8:00-9:00pm – Senior 1&2 Dive Clinic
3. Kigoos Olympics – Friday, July 7th 12:30-4:30 pm. This Friday is our very first Kigoos Olympics! Team List Kigoos Olympics is the group list with which team your swimmer(s) will be representing. Be sure to dress to impress by going all out in your country’s colours! The team with the best dressed athletes will be awarded additional points which will go towards winning the very first Kigoos Olympics. The day will consist of BOTH on land and in water activities so be sure to wear appropriate footwear (runners) and wear your swimsuit under your clothing. We highly recommend bringing at least two bottles of water as it looks like it will be another sunny day. If you have any questions about the Kigoos Olympics, please feel free to reach out to Coach Megan by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have not signed up and would like your swimmer(s) to participate, please email Coach Megan ASAP to be placed on a team.
4. Kigoos Spirit Week July 10-14 – Get ready to dial up some Kigoos Spirit!
Monday – PJ Day (wear your pjs to the pool)
Tuesday – Anything but a bag (bring your equipment in anything but a bag)
Wednesday – Kigoos Spirit Day (Go all out in Kigoos wear and come support our team at the development meet that day)
Thursday – Disney Day (Come to the pool dressed as your favourite Disney character)
Friday – Wacky Hair Day (come to the pool with a wild hair style)
Coaches will be selecting a winner from each category! Be sure to go all out for a chance to win a prize!
5. Swim Meet Sign Ups – All swim meet sign ups for the rest of the summer are posted here. If you are unsure if the meet is right for your swimmer, please check in with your group coach.
WRASA Races – July 15&16 at Grandview Heights Pool in South Surrey. This meet has heats and finals. If you are in JD please check with your coach before signing up to attend the meet. Sign up by Wednesday, July 5th here
Crescent Beach “B” Meet – July 19th at Crescent Beach Pool. This meet starts around noon, and runs into the evening. It is a fun meet, perfect for swimmers in Division 5 and under, who have not yet achieved ‘A’ times. Sign up by Monday, July 10th here
North Delta Meet – July 22&23 – Sungod Pool. This meet has heats and finals. If you are in JD please check with your coach before signing up to attend. Sign up by Monday, July 10th here
Surrey Sea Lions Meet – July 29&30 – Bear Creek Park. This meet has heats and finals. If you are in JD please check with your coach before signing up to attend. Sign up by Monday, July 17th here
Fraser South Regionals – August 4-6 – Watermania. This is the championship meet, and the final meet of our season. If your swimmer has been racing at weekend meets, they are able to attend. If you are unsure, please ask your coach. This meet has heats and finals, and the top 3 individual finishers in each event will qualify for the provincial championships. The top 2 relay finishers will also qualify for provincials. Sign up by Wednesday, July 19thhere
Important Upcoming Dates
July 3rd – Dives and Breakouts Clinic with Coach Mike
July 6th – Watermania Practices Cancelled
July 8&9 – Cloverdale Tritons Meet
July 10th – 14th – Kigoos Spirit Week
July 12th – Kigoos Development Meet (no regular evening practices)
July 15&16 – WRASA Races Swim Meet
July 19th – Crescent Beach “B” Meet
July 22&23 – North Delta Meet
July 29&30 – Surrey Sea Lions Meet
August 4-6 – FS Regional Meet
August 9th – End of Season Pool Party
August 18-20 – BCSSA Provincials (for qualifiers only)
Have a great week! See you at the pool!
The Kigoos Board of Directors