Week at a glance
Happy Monday Kigoos!
We hope everyone enjoyed some time off this weekend! We have an exciting week at the pool planned, as many of us finish off the last week of school.
Please find some important information for the week ahead:
1. Dives and Breakouts Clinic with Coach Mike – Thursday, June 29th(please note there was a date mix-up in the last notifier). We are excited to welcome back Coach Mike for a special clinic day at Steveston Pool. He will be working with our TTG, Juniors, Intermediates, and Seniors. Parents are welcome to come watch, and club members with experience as stroke and turn officials will be on hand to answer questions about swimming rules and DQ’s.
Here is the schedule for the evening:
3:30-4:15pm – JD 1 (normal practice)
4:00-5:00pm – JD 2(normal practice)
4:45-6:00pm – TTG Dive Clinic
5:30-7:00pm – Junior Dive Clinic
6:30-8:00pm – Intermediate Dive Clinic
7:15-9:00pm – Senior 1&2 Dive Clinic
2. School’s Out for Summer Pool Party – Friday, June 30th 2:00 – 5:30 pm(in lieu of regular practices)
All swimmers are invited to join us for an end-of-school pool party! Please sign up by TONIGHT June 26th at the following link so we have an idea of how many swimmers are attending.
3. Canada Day Parade – There are still spots available! Come and celebrate Canada’s birthday with the return of the iconic Steveston Parade! The Kigoos will be joining the fun and walking in the parade with Carl the Kigoo! All information and sign up links were sent out last week via Sign-up Genius. Thank you to the crew of parade volunteers who have made this possible for our swimmers.
4. Kigoos Olympics – Friday, July 7th 12:30-4:30 pm. The coaches have put a twist on the Red and White Meet, and this year we will be introducing our very first Kigoos Olympics. It is going to be a fun day packed with amazing memories. You won’t want to miss out. Please sign up by Friday, June 30thusing the link here
5. July Schedule – Please find our July schedule attached to this email which starts on Monday, July 3rd. In July, the city takes back some of our pool time to open the pool for public swimming. This results in later start times, a shift to our practice times on Friday, and training sessions at Watermania pool.
6. Swim Meet Sign Ups
Cloverdale Tritons Swim Meet – July 8&9 at Surrey Sport and Leisure Complex. This is the first meet of the season with heats and finals. Sign up by Wednesday, June 28th here
Kigoos Development Meet – Wednesday, July 12th. Sign up by Wednesday, June 28th here
WRASA Races – July 15&16 at Grandview Heights Pool in South Surrey. This meet has heats and finals. If you are in JD please check with your coach before signing up to attend the meet. Sign up by Wednesday, July 5th here
Important Upcoming Dates
June 29th – Dive and Breakout Clinic with Coach Mike
June 30th – End of School Pool Party
July 1st – Canada Day Parade
July 6th – Watermania Practices Cancelled
July 8&9 – Cloverdale Tritons Meet
July 10th – 14th – Kigoos Spirit Week (more info to come)
July 12th – Kigoos Development Meet
July 15&16 – WRASA Races Swim Meet
Have a great week! See you at the pool!
The Kigoos Board of Directors