The Week At A Glance July 17
It has been another great weekend at the pool! We had a large group of swimmers attend the WRASA meet, and our club came away with many best times, finals swims, and podium finishes! Congratulations to all of our swimmers for a great meet! If you have any “Podium Pics” please send them to email@example.com so we can add them to our social media posts. Thank you also to our many parents who volunteered for timing and official shifts. We are proud to say that the announcer never needed to call for Kigoos timers to report to their lanes!
We have another busy week ahead of us, with more detailed emails to be sent out, so this is just a highlight of the important dates/reminders for this week:
1. Surrey Sea Lions Meet sign-up closes Monday, July 18th. Please sign-up here:
2. Regionals Sign-up – Please make sure to sign up for Regionals (Aug 5/6/7) by Wednesday, July 20th. There are very strict deadlines associated with Regionals, so NO late sign-ups will be accepted. Please use the link here:
3. Biathlon – Our first ever Kigoos Biathlon (run/swim) will be held on Tuesday, July 19th from 6:30-9am. Our JR’s and JD’s will kick things off at 6:45am. Please see information sheet attached to this email and use the link here to sign-up. This event will take place in lieu of regularly scheduled practices.
4. Grouse Grind – Our traditional Kigoos trek up Grouse Mountain will be held on Thursday, July 21st. Swimmers are to meet at the bottom at 10:40am, for an 11am start. All JD and Junior swimmers should be accompanied up the mountain by a parent/guardian. Parent volunteers will be waiting at the top of the mountain to greet swimmers and record times. Please see information sheet attached to this email, and use the link here to sign-up: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeI5IeLdfG0k1T3h63uWh0C4GcDBf-yQ5vvCAa4zo_YOvtJGA/viewform
5. Crescent Beach Development Meet – Wednesday, July 20th. Warm-ups will start at 12pm, with the meet starting at 1pm. There will be opportunities to sign-up to help with timing and stroke & turn.
6. North Delta Swim Meet – July 23/24 – Watch for a Sign-up Genius early this week with timing shifts. Just a reminder that this meet has heats and finals, so please sign up for finals timing shifts if your swimmer will likely be in finals. More information about tenting/concession/warm-ups will be sent out later this week.
See you at the pool!
The Kigoos Board of Directors
The document Biathlon_and_Grouse_Grind_Document_2022.docx was attached to this post.