The Week At A Glance June 19
We had some great swims this weekend at the PoCo meet, and many of our swimmers got the chance to race in finals, some for the first time ever! The Bongo heats added some excitement, as well as watching Coach Emi and Coach Nick P race in the “Dash for Cash!” A big thank you to our coaches for supporting our swimmers this weekend – it was a long meet! Thank you also to the parents who helped out as timers and officials.
Please find some important information for the week ahead:
1. Equipment Reminder – Our coaches would like to remind swimmers to make sure they have the proper equipment at each practice. Swimmers should have well-fitted competition style googles (no scuba masks please). This will help ensure that goggles do not fall off when diving into the pool. Coaches are also reminding swimmers to have a water bottle at each practice.
2. Kigoos Fundraising Pub Night – Tickets are on sale now for our Kigoos fundraising pub night at Steveston Built on June 29th. This will be a great chance to meet alumni swimmers and coaches, as well as connect with current Kigoos families. The coaches are planning a fun night at the pool for our swimmers that evening, so parents are free to attend! Tickets are limited, so get yours early at the link here:
3. North Delta Development Meet Wednesday, June 22nd – Good luck to our Kigoos attending the North Delta Development this week. Warm-ups are at 4:00pm, and the meet starts at 4:55pm. Timers from each club will be required, and timing shift sign-ups will be posted at the meet. This is a great chance to get your volunteer hours in. Hopefully the sun will be out!
4. Port Moody Golden Spike Meet June 26th and 27th – More information about warm-up times, parking, timers/officials, etc will be sent out later this week.
5. Ladner/B4 Development Meet (July 6th) – Last day to sign up is June 22nd. Please use the link here
Have a great week! See you at the pool!
The Kigoos Board of Directors