The Week At A Glance
Saturday’s mock meet was a HUGE success! It was so heartwarming to see our youngest Kigoos swimming their hearts out yesterday in their 25m races. It was also exciting to see so many swimmers in their first races ever. Thank you to the coaches for organizing the events and relays. Thank you to the many parents who helped with volunteer shifts – we couldn’t have done it without you! Thank you also to the parents and grandparents who cheered on the sidelines and helped support our swimmers. We are looking forward to even more fun at our Ice Breaker meet next weekend!
With that in mind, this will be one of the busiest weeks of the season! There will likely be a few emails sent out this week with important information about the Ice Breaker meet.
Here are some important reminders to kick off the week:
• Our Kigoos Stroke & Turn Clinic will be held Monday, May 30th from 6:30-8:30 pm at Steveston Community Centre. If you are interested in attending, please sign-up here
• The Sign Up Genius for the Ice Breaker meet was sent out on Friday. There are still many shifts to be covered, and timing shifts/stroke and turn shifts will be sent out later this week. Please help out wherever you can.
• Last chance to sign-up swimmers for the Ice Breaker! Coach Mike has extended the deadline until Monday, May 31st at 9pm. Please sign up here
• We are still looking for donations for our silent auction baskets. If you have anything you are willing to donate as prizes, please reach out to email@example.com
• The swim meet schedule for this season has been updated on our website www.kigoos.com. The links to sign-up for the meets are also posted there. Please check it out. The deadline to sign up for the B4 meet on June 11/12 is June 1st. You can also sign-up for the B4 meet here
• There was a mistake on the June schedule that was sent out last week. The updated schedule is attached. Reminder – we will continue to use the May schedule until Thursday, June 2nd. The June schedule will start on Monday, June 6th. If you have any questions about the schedule or your child’s group placement please email your child’s coach, and cc Coach Mike firstname.lastname@example.org
• Cheers and Posters night will take place on Friday, June 3rd! All swimmers are invited to attend, and each group will have a modified practice time that evening. Here is the schedule:
Swim: 3:45-4:45 pm Posters: 4:45-5:15 pm
Junior Red and White
Swim: 4:30-5:30 pm Posters: 4:00-4:30 pm
Cheers – All Swimmers invited! Come and learn the Kigoos cheers! 5:30-5:45pm
Intermediate Red and White
Swim: 5:45-6:45 pm Posters: 6:45-7:15 pm
Senior Red and White
Swim: 6:30-7:45pm Posters: 6:00-6:30 pm
Get your red and white gear ready for next weekend, and dust off those tents and comfy chairs! Looking forward to seeing everyone at the pool!
The Kigoos Board of Directors