UPDATE: Group List and Health & Safety Reminders
Please read below important reminders for the start of our season.
1. ALL swimmers must submit a paper copy of the BCSSA COVID waiver (attached). Swimmers may not practice until a form is handed into their coach.
2. Please review the Return to Swim plan with your swimmer. Health and safety reminders are also provided below. Swimmers MUST complete the BC COVID-19 Health Screener before each practice. Any swimmer who feels ill in any way, or is specifically experiencing key symptoms of COVID-19 will not be permitted to attend practice.
To ensure that all swimmers, coaches and members of the Kigoos organization remain safe, the following rules will be introduced:
• ONLY swimmers and coaches will be allowed in the swimming environment
– Parents/guardians are encouraged to “DROP AND GO”. Parents are NOT permitted on the pool deck or surrounding area during practice times.
– Swimmers will exit from the Southeast gate. Parents/guardians are NOT permitted to wait by this gate. Parents are encouraged to remain in their vehicles in the parking lot and wait for their swimmer to exit.
• If a swimmer/parent is unable to follow the proper social distancing or Health and Safety procedures after reminders from a coach, the coach has the discretion to ask the swimmer to leave the practice and be picked up immediately by their parent/guardian.
• Swimmers will gather on the basketball court adjacent to Steveston Pool to perform dryland training, while maintaining a 3-meter distance from others. Coaches will escort swimmers into the facility in a socially distanced manner upon the start of practice
• Swimmers MUST wear a face mask during any dryland training, while awaiting entry to the pool, while entering and exiting the facility, and while on the pool deck prior to entering the pool.
A revised Group List is attached below.