Return to Swim Plan - Watermania
Hello Tsunami and Masters Swimmers!
We are very pleased to provide you our Return to Swim plan for Watermania. Many of the details remain consistent with our health and safety protocols from our summer season. We ask that all families carefully review this plan with their swimmers. Please refer to Appendix A for flow of traffic for Watermania.
Welcome back to the pool to our Masters swimmers! Coach Michael is looking forward to setting the pace for your winter workouts. Please download and print off a copy of the BCSSA waiver form and return this to Coach Michael at your first practice. Form is attached to this email.
Any person who chooses to participate as a member of the Richmond Kigoos must follow these rules:
• Swimmers/Guardians MUST complete the online Health Screening and Declaration linked to our website (www.kigoos.com) before each practice. Any swimmer who feels ill in any way, or is specifically experiencing key symptoms of COVID-19 will not be permitted to attend practice.
• If you have travelled outside of Canada, you are not permitted at practice until you have self-isolated for 14 days;
• If you live in a household with someone who has a confirmed case of COVID-19 or live in a household where someone is displaying key symptoms of COVID-19, you must stay home;
• Please wear your suit to practice – no changing at the pool;
• Sanitize your hands upon entry to Watermania facility, and shower before entering the pool using showers located on the pool deck or changerooms;
• Bring your own equipment, water bottle, face mask, and hand sanitizer;
• Swimmers are encouraged to wear a face mask while entering or exiting the building
• Swimmers must comply with physical distancing measures at all times, including avoiding physical contact with others (shaking hands and high fives);
DROP OFF/PICK UP PROCEDURES:
• Only swimmers and coaches will be allowed in the swimming environment –parents/guardians are encouraged to “drop and go” and/or wait in their vehicles
• Swimmers should arrive at the facility no earlier than 5 minutes before the start of the scheduled practice. Late arrival admission will be at the discretion of the coach. Arriving after the start of practice does not guarantee entrance into the practice area
• Upon completion of practice, swimmers will collect their belongings and exit the pool immediately according to facility traffic flow. Swimmers are STRONGLY DISCOURAGED from showering/changing after practice.
• Parents must be ready to pick up swimmers at the designated finish of the practice. Coaches will not supervise the pick-up area. Parents are reminded to maintain social distancing while waiting for swimmers, and are encouraged to wear face masks if social distancing is difficult. Gathering in large groups at the facility entrance will not be allowed
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our Return to Swim plan or the above information, please contact Richard Buckley (email@example.com).
Stay safe and well,
Kigoos Board of Directors.
The document Kigoos Return to Swim Winter 2020/21 Watermania was attached to this post.