Tsunami Winter Swimming Starts Jan 15 2022 - New COVID Protocols
We are looking forward to having everyone back at the pool soon! Unfortunately, we are starting the new year with another surge of Covid cases in our province, and as such, we are required to implement a few new health and safety procedures in keeping with Provincial Health orders.
1. We have decided to delay the start of our Winter Tsunami session by one week to Saturday, January 15th. As a result, swimming will be cancelled the weekend of January 8th and 9th. New swimmer assessments will now take place on Saturday, January 15th at 5pm.
2. The City of Richmond now requires everyone ages 12 and up to be fully vaccinated to enter the facility. As such, we will be required to check vaccine passports for all of our swimmers aged 12 and up. Families should email a photo of their swimmer’s vaccine passport to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, January 14th. Swimmers who do not present proof of vaccination before the first practice will not be allowed in the pool.
Unfortunately at this time, swimmers 12 and older who are not fully vaccinated will be unable to participate in our program. If this situation applies to your family, please send an email to email@example.com
3. now requires all Kigoos spectators to be fully vaccinated to be able to enter the pool area. At this time, we are encouraging parents once again to drop swimmers off at the front of the facility and pick swimmers up outside of Watermania at the end of practice. If you have a younger swimmer, or are a new family to the club attending the new swimmer assessment, you may designate one parent/guardian to accompany your child to their first session. Board members will be present to check parent vaccine passports on Saturday, January 15th.
4. All swimmers are required to do a health check prior to attending practice, and should stay home if they are feeling unwell.
5. Masks are to be worn upon entering and exiting the facility, as well as on deck during dry land activities.
Updated group lists and practice times will be sent out next week; however, most swimmers will stay in the same groups/practice times from the Fall session. If you have any questions about these new procedures, please don’t hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org
We still have space in our Winter Tsunami session! Please use the link below to register if you are interested in training this winter, and haven’t already done so.
Thank you again for your patience and support as we navigate these ever-changing times!
The Kigoos Board of Directors