Kigoos Summer 2021 June/July Updates
We hope you are enjoying a sunny Sunday and Father’s Day! Please read below the many updates to our Summer Swim Season.
1. The are practices July 1 & 2.
2. We have been able to secure additional pool time in August! Our practice schedule will be extended to mid-August at no extra cost. Our August schedule will be posted soon.
3. MASTERS Program
We are excited and pleased to be opening Richmond Kigoos Masters & Student Masters Summer Swim Program for 2021. The program will run from July to August 13th at Steveston Outdoor Pool.
The time slots for this program is as follows:
Tuesdays 9:10pm – 10:10pm
Thursdays 8:10pm – 9:10pm
ADULT MASTERS (25 years old and up) – $150
STUDENT MASTERS (under 25 years old or STUDENT) – $125
4. JD Program
We are thrilled to open registration for our Junior Development swimmers (5-10 year olds who are able to swim 25m without assistance) in accordance with the BC Ministry Health and ViaSport Return to Play guidelines and safety protocols.
These young swimmers will swim Monday, Wednesday and Fridays from 5:00 – 5:45 (arrival at 4:45 for dryland warmup prior to entering the pool) for the month of July.
Every swimmer must complete the Mandatory Covid regulatory prerequisites for registration and read all necessary waivers.
Please refer to www.kigoos.com for more information.
JD (5-10 year olds who are able to swim 25m without assistance) – $100
5. Here are some details around BC’s Reopening Plan and its impacts on sport and recreation.
Phase 2: (now until June 30 at earliest) Requires minimum 65% of 18+ population with 1 dose immunized, declining case counts and hospitalizations.
• Recreational travel allowed within BC (including travel for sport)
• Physical distance not required on field of play (in the pool); 2 m must be maintained outside of field of play. All other current pool COVID protocols are still required.
• Up to 50 spectators allowed outside the field of play. Physically distanced (2m) spectators may view swimmers outside the fenced area to watch practices. ONLY swimmers and authorized personnel may enter the pool area. The stands remain CLOSED.
6. Our 2021 Kigoos t-shirts will be distributed next week by Kigoos Board of Directors.
7. Interested in becoming a Coach in Training (CIT)? Please contact Coach Mike! We are currently looking for CIT’s for the July JD program.