Tsunami 2020 Training Groups
Dust off your swim bags! Our Tsunami season is about to begin…
Coach Mike and his team are very excited to see all our Kigoos back to the pool this weekend! Attached to this email is your swimmers training group assignment and swim times.
Swimmer are reminded of key swimming protocols from our Return to Swim Plan:
• Swimmers/Guardians MUST complete the online Health Screening and Declaration linked to our website (www.kigoos.com) before each practice. Any swimmer who feels ill in any way, or is specifically experiencing key symptoms of COVID-19 will not be permitted to attend practice.
• Once in the pool, coaches will assign swimmers a physically distanced “home base” for their start/stop/rest/coaches feedback. There will be markers (cones/flags) provided so swimmers in the middle know where to stop
• If a swimmer is unable to follow the proper social distancing procedures after reminders from a coach, the coach has the discretion to ask the swimmer to leave the practice and be picked up immediately by their parent/guardian
• Swimmers are to bring their own personal equipment to training sessions (kick boards, pull buoys, fins). Equipment will not be shared.
• Swimmers should come prepared with a pre-filled water bottle.
• All swimmers must wear googles, and swim caps are strongly encourage.
DROP OFF/PICK UP PROCEDURES:
• Only swimmers and coaches will be allowed in the swimming environment –parents/guardians are encouraged to “drop and go” and/or wait in their vehicles
• Swimmers should arrive at the facility no earlier than 5 minutes before the start of the scheduled practice. Late arrival admission will be at the discretion of the coach. Arriving after the start of practice does not guarantee entrance into the practice area
• Upon completion of practice, swimmers will collect their belongings and exit the pool immediately according to facility traffic flow. Swimmers are STRONGLY DISCOURAGED from showering/changing after practice.
• Parents must be ready to pick up swimmers at the designated finish of the practice. Coaches will not supervise the pick-up area. Parents are reminded to maintain social distancing while waiting for swimmers, and are encouraged to wear face masks if social distancing is difficult. Gathering in large groups at the facility entrance will not be allowed.
We can’t wait to see you at the pool!
Kigoos Board of Directors
The document Tsunami_2020_Groups_and_Schedule.pdf was attached to this post.