Highlights & Updates - Week #1
Kudos to coaches Emmy, Michael, Nikol and assistant coach Sophia for a great first week of swim! All of our swim groups will have had their third session in the pool tonight. We would like to thank our swimmers and families for such a smooth start to our very unique summer season.
Our Board of Directors met with our amazing coaching team today and we would like to share highlights from this week and updates for next week.
- 102 registered swimmers.
- Swimmers have been positive role models and are adhering to our health and safety guidelines.
- Thank you to our parents for using our Daily Health Declaration link. This has streamlined our check-in and attendance procedures so that swimmers can begin activation activities on time.
- Swimmers will receive their Kigoos swim cap beginning tonight. Wearing swim caps during practice will now be mandatory for ALL swimmers. Our team t-shirts should arrive within the next two weeks.
- Swimmers should arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before their scheduled practice and maintain their 2m of physical distancing by remaining on their marked “X” in the activation area.
- If your swimmer will be arriving 10 minutes late for practice, please do not bring/send them to the pool. LATE arriving swimmers will not be allowed in.
- Our senior groups are very full! In order to maintain and support our health and safety protocols, we will be opening up a new senior practice time.
- Senior Group C – Thursday 6:45-7:45am, Sunday 7:30-8:30am, Sunday 5:45-7pm.
- If your swimmer would like to switch to this practice schedule, please contact Coach Emmy by Tuesday at 9PM.
- Water bottles. It is getting hotter and our practice intensity is increasing. Swimmers need to keep hydrated! There is no access to water fountains at the pool.
- Kickboards (junior & intermediate) – Kickboards from Team Aquatics Supplies or Junior kickboard from Amazon
- Pull bouys (seniors) – Pull bouys from Team Aquatics Supplies or Amazon
- •* Deck shoes*